FIRST FRESH INK


Find out how I plucked up the courage to go under the needle.

So, earlier this year I finally got my first tattoo. It's on the nape of my neck/top of my spine. Looking back, I don't remember the pain being that bad, but I know it must have been as I was very, very close to tears. On a scale of 1 - 10, ten being the most excruciating, I would rate the pain as follows: line work for the arrow - 6, line work for the feathers - 9, shading for the arrow - 5, shading for the feathers - 7. The further south the artist was tattooing, the more painful it was. The tattoo lies directly over my spine, which was the most painful part. After, the tattoo healed nicely and wasn't very painful. I would like it touching up and adding to, however. This isn't because I don't like it, or that it's gone wrong; just because I'd like some sort of frame or border around it. My tattoo was done at ThouArtTattoo Sheffield. They have friendly, fully qualified and experienced staff. The studio is immaculate and hygiene was a priority for all staff. I would highly recommend this studio to anyone, especially if you're getting a tattoo for the first time. The artists are patient and very skilled. You can find information about my tattooist and studio here XO

CONVERSATION