HOW TO COVER UP SCARS


Some of you may or may not know this, but I scar really easily. I hate it and I'm self conscious about it. I first became aware of my insecurities regarding my scars hours before my year 11 prom. My dress wasn't the traditional, extravagant prom dress - it was short. Someone suggested that I use foundation to cover them, and so I did. The problem was, it rubbed off EVERYWHERE. For the next few years, I tried and tested a lot of scar treatments from cocoa butter to Bio Oil... you name it. Nothing worked. I eventually came to terms with the fact that my skin doesn't heal very well, and when it does heal, the pigment will forever be uneven. But now, I have a trick which seems to work, without transferring onto my clothes. It even works on stretch marks


Things you will need (click the links to see the exact products that I use):
♥ Fake tan
♥ Primer

1. Establish the correct shade of fake tan and foundation for the area you want to treat. The foundation that I use for my legs is actually two shades darker than the shade I use for my face. 

2. I prefer spray-on fake tan, as I find that it'd the easiest to work with. Fake tan your targeted area - be thorough!

3. In a container, mix together two parts foundation to one part tinted moisturiser with an old make-up brush. 

4. Apply a drop of primer over the scar or stretch mark and rub it in. Give it a minute or two to soak into your skin, then, using the brush apply the mixture to the target area. Don't blend it in with the brush, use a slightly damp sponge to buff it into the skin. Keep adding the mixture until you've covered the mark.

5. Once you're happy with the coverage, mist a bit of make-up setting spray over the area. Make sure you wait around 5-10 minutes before you get dressed.

Here is a 'before' picture of my scars (the top picture was taken with the iPhone filter 'Chrome' after I had used this method):





Share:

0 comments