The Pizza Steel*


Hello, everyone! Today's post is a collaboration with The Pizza Steel. If you follow me on social media, you'll know how much I love pizza and all things homemade. The idea of making my own pizzas from scratch was slightly daunting to me at first, mainly because I'm a terrible cook! So, I decided to make this post a little less serious and a little more fun. Jerome, my wonderful boyfriend, suggested that we have a 'pizza bake-off' and let you decide who's pizza looks the yummiest. Without rambling on for too long, I'll be talking you through how I used The Pizza Steel products and the recipe I used for the dough.

A Bit About The Pizza Steel:
The Steel is a solid steel pizza cooking tool. It is available in two sizes (30x40x0.6cm and 35x40x0.6cm). Steel stores and leads the heat energy from your oven twenty times better than stone does. That means an evenly cooked, authentic pizza. Because the steel can absorb hear quicker, it's ready to use after just 45 minutes of pre-heating, in comparison to stone, which takes at least 90 minutes. Another advantage is that it's virtually unbreakable! In fact, it even comes with a five-year warranty.



Not a big fan of pizza? You can also use the steel to cook flatbreads, loafs of bread, roasted veg, potato chips, toasted sandwiches, pretzels, falafel, quesadillas... the possibilities are endless. Also, you can pop your pizza steel in the freezer for a short while and use it to serve up cold foods to ensure they stay cool!

Pizza Dough Recipe:
  • 350g plain flour
  • 1 tbsp oil
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 cup of cold water
  • 3 tsp baking powder
1. Mix together the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
2. Add the oil and half of the water. Stir until this has mixed together.
3. Slowly add the rest of the water and mix well. 
4. Start to knead the dough. It should be soft and fluffy, not sticky. If it's too sticky, keep adding small amounts of flour until it feels right. If it's too dry, add small amounts of water until it feels right. 
5. Split the dough into two. You can make two medium pizza bases with this dough. 
6. Roll the dough into the desired shape, add toppings and cook for 15-20 minutes.




We rolled our dough onto the combi peel plates - a thinner steel plate. It's super easy to use and has a generous amount of room so you can make your pizza as big as you want. We also used the plates to slide our pizzas onto the pre-heated steel in the oven. It was so easy to get the pizzas in and out - even for me, and I'm the clumsiest person around!


Jerome and I decided to make veggie pizzas today! We kept our topping nice and simple. Using tomato puree for the base, we then added cheddar cheese, mushrooms, peppers, olives, and wild rocket. Though we essentially made the same pizza, it's up to you to judge who's looks the best!



Jerome went for a thicker crust and base, whereas I opted for a thinner, crispier base. I love how you can make both types of pizza using the pizza steel - it's ideal for catering to everyone!

Jerome's Pizza:



My Pizza:




Who won the 'pizza bake-off'?


You can browse The Pizza Steel products by clicking here. A quick side note, you can buy the pizza steel, plates and dough cutter separately or as a package. 

This post was sponsored by and paid for by The Pizza Steel. However, all opinions remain my own and are not scripted. I'd just like to take this opportunity to thank the family-run business for opting to collaborate with me. It's been an absolute pleasure and the service has been amazing (I'm not just saying this!). The communication, ease of order/delivery was more than what I would expect and I'll definitely be keeping them in mind when shopping for gifts. 

As always, please do leave any comments/questions below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. To keep updated with my daily life, you can find me on Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat (shannonalxndra). If you would like to contact The Pizza Steel directly, you can e-mail them: info@pizzasteel.uk

That's all for today! 

xo

Share:

0 comments