A Day in the Life of a Bourjois Lipstick Lover

by - 4/11/2017


Hello, my lovelies! Today I'm going to be chatting to you about the new Bourjois Rouge Laque Liquid Lipstick range. It consists of eight lipsticks of varying undertones and shades, which provide a high-shine finish lasting up to 16 hours. Yeah, you heard, 16 hours!

I'm going to be showing you how easy it is to switch up your lipstick throughout the day and demonstrate that there is a shade for every occasion within this range. From daring, dusky nude pinks to ravishing, sophisticated reds - Bourjois has you covered!

As most of you may already know, I'm a full-time university student, a part-time pharmacy dispenser and a blogger. Day-to-day, my schedule can be pretty busy. I'm going to take you through my day and give you a little insight into what I get up to.

Just a little note to say that this post is my shortlisted entry to the Grazia / The Debrief / Bourjois competition to be the next Bourjois ambassador! I submitted an entry over on my Instagram not too long ago, and I'm super excited to announce that I am one of the 4 shortlisted contestants. If you love reading this post as much as I loved writing it, then please take a few seconds to vote for me! I'll leave the link at the bottom of this post. Voting is open from April 11th 2017 to April 18th 2017, so please share the love!

Without further ado...

(Fresh faced. Before the make-up)

Look 1: The Working Woman
It's the beginning of the day and I headed out to a morning shift (8am - 12pm). My make-up for work is usually rather minimal on the eyes, as I like to make my lips the statement. I wanted to keep the look very simple, yet girly. I opted for a light coverage, glowy base - using Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation. I applied this using a damp blending sponge. Using a dampened sponge allows you to use less foundation and achieve an air-brushed look. Less of your foundation is absorbed as the sponge is already fully saturated!

I then curled my lashes and applied a generous coat of the Volume Reveal mascara. I filled in my brows and brushed the product through with a spoolie to ensure my brows looked full and natural.

For lips, I chose to apply the shade Jolie Brune 03. This shade is perfect for work as it's not too subtle, yet it's not too much of a bold statement. I love the dusky pink shade as I feel the tone compliments my skin colour. As a person with darker skin, it's very difficult to find the ideal nude shade - as most of them tend to appear too pale to compliment my skin tone. However, this pink is faultless; it makes me feel girly and bad-ass at the same time! Altogether, my make-up took me 5 to 10 minutes to apply!


Look 2: The Student Style
It's now 12:30pm and I quickly stopped off for a post-shift coffee and salad on the way to my lecture (which starts at 1pm). Whilst waiting for my food and coffee in the queue, I grabbed another lipstick from my make-up bag to apply.

Using a make-up wipe and a compact mirror, I removed the dusky pink shade to swap it for a cooler, bolder lipstick. Anyone who knows me will know how much I love a statement lip. I swiftly applied the shade Purpledelique 07. It's a lovely cool-toned, purple lipstick which holds a blue undertone.

I love wearing lipsticks with a blue undertone because they make your teeth appear whiter and brighter!

Although you may think cool tones sound and look a bit dull, they actually work with the natural neutral tones and warmth of your face to bring out the brightness. For example, adding a cool toned lipstick and contour makes your face look more chiselled and structured, your teeth look whiter and brighter and your lips look fuller. I especially love the high-shine pay off from this lipstick, as it adds to the plumped-up, fuller pout look.


Look 3: Meeting Glam
My lecture finished at 3pm and at 3:30pm I had a meeting with a tutor regarding my Master's degree. Anyone who is at, or has been through university will know the stress of picking out modules and selecting project titles and hypotheses etc, etc. This was an important meeting and I needed to look professional and put-together.

I stopped off in the university restrooms to change into the blazer which I had been carrying around all day and also swapped out my bold, edgy lipstick for a professional, classy red. I opted for the shade Red to Toes 05. Again, this has a cool undertone which carries all the benefits of the previous shade.

There's just something about a bold, red lip that makes me feel empowered and ready to tackle anything!

One of the many things that I love about this range is that you don't get the fear of having "lipstick teeth". The formula adds moisture and shine whilst also staying put. I've definitely had the embarrassment of "lipstick teeth" more than a few times, but today, I walked into my meeting with confidence and sass!


Look 4: Casual Coffee Date
Okay, so the meeting went well and it was roughly 4;15pm, and time to meet up with my friend at the local coffee house for a catch-up. I stopped off at my flat beforehand to drop off my work bag, blazer, university work and anything else I had been lugging around all day. I quickly threw my hair up into a messy bun, swapped my blazer back to my leather jacket and added a pair of statement hoop earrings.

This time, I picked out a warm toned shade: Selfpeach! 04. I also added a light dusting of an orange toned blusher. I've already spoken about the benefits of cool tones, but warm tones are actually my preferred tone of make-up to wear. Personally, I like the glow and healthiness it adds to my already tanned skin. I love oranges and pinks, especially on my eyelids to frame my warm brown eyes. The lipstick itself is such a lovely colour for all skin tones. In fact, as soon as my friend (who has a completely different skin tone and undertone to myself) saw me wearing it, she immediately asked to try it out! I love the casual, yet bold look and this lipstick helped me to nail that look perfectly.

Also, quick side note, the lipstick lasted perfectly whilst I was sipping on my coffee and enjoying a slice of cake!


Look 5: Sexy and Sophisticated 
After coffee, I headed back to the flat. A spontaneous date night filled with cocktails and food was exactly what I fancied after a long day of working and errands!

I switched up my make-up look by adding some dark browns and blacks to create a soft, smoky eyeshadow look. I added some false lashes and topped up my blusher.

The lipstick I chose for date night was the shade Framboiselle 06. This shade is a middle ground for pink and red. It incorporates the classiness and sophistication of a red lipstick, but adds a touch of girliness with the pink undertones. It's exactly what you need for a romantic date night!

Again, I feel as though this shade would suit a lot of different skin tones. I've worn this shade with heavy eye make-up, however, I think this shade would be well suited for a daytime Spring/Summer look, with a light coverage base and a coat of mascara.



Well, there you go! My five looks packed into one hectic day! Let me know if you'll be trying out any of these looks and if you do - tag me in your photos! I never thought it would be so easy to switch up an entire make-up look so many times just by using different lipsticks. I'll end with three things that I loved most about the Bourjois Rouge Laque Liquid Lipstick range:

1. The amount of pigmentation - no double coats were needed. I have hyperpigmentation on my lips and one swipe of each lipstick was enough to cover this.

2. The shine - this added the illusion of fuller, plumper lips, which lasted until I removed each lipstick.

3. The shades - it's very difficult to find a range of lipsticks which cater for and suit a very wide spectrum of skin colours and tones. Bourjois have really won me over with this range!

I hope you enjoyed the post, if so, please remember to vote for me here.

XO

You May Also Like

0 comments