The Restaurant Repository | Pitcher & Piano

by - 12/03/2018


Earlier this week, I visited the new Pitcher & Piano restaurant in Sheffield. I had previously attended the press night which was a fantastic event, so I had high hopes for the dining experience.


Décor
The decor is very current and chic - neon lights, floral walls and scandi inspired tiling and furnishings. Think, scandi meets Instagram.The bar, toilets and tables all displayed high levels of hygiene and tidiness. If you're after a modern, photogenic place to eat or drink, Pitcher & Piano is the perfect location.

Service
We were greeted and seated almost immediately and offered a full range of menus upfront. Our waitress was very accommodating and polite; she was more than happy to talk us through the signature dishes and drinks.

Variety
Upon glancing at the menu, I could tell that P&P had put in a lot of thought to cater for vegetarians; there were a few vegan options, but none that tickled my fancy. To be transparent, I was expecting a separate vegetarian/vegan menu. maybe this is something that can be established over time? I believe there is a separate allergens menu for DF and GF; it is available upon request. Take a look at the menu.

Food
When our food arrived, it was piping hot, presented beautifully and tasted fresh! I would say the highlight were the halloumi fries - they were loaded with spring onion, jalapenos, sour cream and spicy Korean ketchup. I (unfortunately) shared these with Jerome. I initially tried these on the launch night party and I knew that I had to have them. I would definitely order these again!



Jerome had the butterfly king prawns which I'm told were equally as delicious, especially with the sweet chilli sauce they were served with.


For my main I opted for the spicy bean quesadilla - an excellent choice, if I do say so myself. The quesadilla itself was grilled to perfection. the filling of spicy red kidney beans, cheddar, spinach, parsley and Korean spicy mayo was divine. I often find that veggie quesadillas can be a tad sloppy and bland, but this was full of flavour, spice and a lovely texture and consistency.



Jerome opted for the char-grilled chicken Caesar salad; which he said was refreshing and surprisingly filling!


We were so stuffed after our starters and mains that we couldn't possibly squeeze in a dessert - I know, what a weak effort! To be completely honest though, we didn't mind. The dessert menu wasn't very extensive nor was it inspiring. I would have loved to have seen a cheesecake option and maybe some more adventurous flavours.

Drinks
When it came down to drinks, we had a hard time choosing! Our waitress recommended a few cocktails and they did not disappoint. My personal favourite cocktails were: The Maverick (Mason’s Lavender gin, maraschino liqueur, butterfly-pea flower tea, egg white, sugar syrup and lemon juice), and the Vanilla Cola Sour (Bacardi Carta Blanca rum, cola syrup, lime juice, vanilla sugar syrup and egg white). We also tried the Polynesian Punch (Sailor Jerry Spiced rum, Tuaca, pineapple juice, apple juice, caramel sugar syrup and lime juice), which was phenomenal.







Price Point
When considering the price point, it is important to note that Pitcher & Piano often offer up deals on cocktails/drinks and gift %off vouchers to returning customers. I would say that the food is very reasonably priced. The drinks prices are a little above average, but definitely worth it! If you're looking for a date night spot or even a place to take the family for lunch; I would highly recommend Pitcher & Piano. Myself, Jerome and his family visited P&P as paying customers prior to reviewing the menu and the quality in service, food, drinks was still amazing. If you want to keep up with Pitcher & Piano Sheffield, you can follow them on Instagram.

That's all for today, I hope you enjoyed this post! Let me know if you're going to be visiting P&P!
xxx

You May Also Like

0 comments