Jurys Inn Staycation

by - 3/23/2019


Recently I visited the newly refurbished Jurys Inn hotel in Sheffield for a short staycation. To be fully transparent, this was a gifted stay and meal, however, all words remain unscripted and 100% honest, as always!

The Location: 
So, having lived in Sheffield city centre for the past four years, I've always known where the hotel was. It's a really short walk from the train station, I'd stay no more than 5 minutes. Fun fact (actually, it's not that fun): I used to live on the street parallel to the hotel! It's right in the city centre, close to local transport links and a taxi rank sits on the opposite side of the road. All in all, I would say it's the most convenient location to stay in Sheffield. There are also three car parks within 100-200 yards of the hotel.



Refurb: 
Having recently been refurbished, the hotel boasts modern-chic interiors and quirky touches. The neon signs and an array of plants add a touch of "Instagram" to the place. The lobby is spacious, welcoming, clean and well laid out.

Check in/out: 
The process was very quick and easy; Jerome and I were well looked after by the staff. The receptionists were very friendly, chatty and useful. The hotel operates on a key card system (which has to be activated by a staff member); these are also used for the elevators. I'm noting this because it is an excellent feature to keep out any unwanted guests and keeps customers of the hotel safe whilst also providing peace of mind. There is also security on deck to help with any issues, may they arise. We had no safety issues whilst staying at the hotel.

Check out was super easy and the staff were keen to know about our visit and if everything was up to our satisfaction, which it was!




Room: 
We were staying on the fourth floor which has a window view overlooking the city. The room was well presented, clean and spacious. There was a TV in the room, along with all the regular amenities (hairdryer, iron, ironing board etc). I always do a "clean test" whenever I stay in hotels, where I run a tissue over any surfaces to see whether they've been dusted - the room was spotless! The bed was a signature DREAM bed, with fluffy pillows and a down duvet, which was heavenly to sleep on. It made sleeping in my own bed seem like I've been laying on a rock! The hotel manager left us some lemon drizzle cake and some soft drinks out which was a lovely little touch. The bathroom was modern, fully stocked and clean.

Hotel bar: 
If you watched my Instagram stories, you'll have already seen the little video I posted of the hotel bar - if not, don't worry, you can watch them on my highlights. The bar was huge! It was fairly quiet when we visited, which personally we preferred. The alcohol and non-alcohol selections were fantastic; they even stocked some local brands!

Hotel Restaurant: 
Jerome and I were kindly gifted a two-course meal at the hotel restaurant, which was absolutely divine! I opted for a creamy pasta dish whilst Jerome opted for a steak and chips! The portion sizes were very generous, so we decided to share a sundae dessert (how romantic), yep, SHARE a dessert. My dish was cooked to absolute perfection; the pasta tasted fresh and the sauce and seasoning were moreish. Jerome reported back on his steak: only good comments from him! He is quite fussy when it comes to food and isn't easily pleased, so I'm taking this as a great win. The staff at the restaurant were really friendly and made some drinks recommendations to accompany our meals. The service was fast and our food was served piping hot. When we were dining, the restaurant was pretty empty, so I had a little sneaky look around; it was well presented and clean throughout.



Gym: 
As part of the refurbishment, the hotel had been kitted out with a gym area. When I visited the gym there were quite a few people working out in there and I didn't want to be intrusive and take photos without consent, so, unfortunately, there aren't any snaps. I can say that it is fully equipped for any kind of workout and has modern, clean machines and weights. The air-con is also fabulous, so there's no chance of a sticky, sweaty, crammed gym here!

Final thoughts: 
I would definitely pay to for hotel/restaurant experience at Jurys Inn and I would recommend the establishment to friends, family and followers. It was a very friendly environment to be in and all of the staff were more than accommodating. I would like to thank Jurys Inn for gifting this staycation. If you want to book the Sheffield hotel, you can do so by clicking here. If you want to book a different Jurys Inn hotel, you can browse locations here.

You May Also Like

0 comments